ACT Team Services
Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACT) is an evidence-based, mobile delivery model that Catawba Valley Healthcare provides to our qualified consumers with severe and persistent brain illnesses.
ACT provides intensive, highly specialized, individualized services to people with a high complexity of need.
Catawba Valley Healthcare ACT consists of a multidisciplinary group of professionals who function interchangeably to help individuals maintain independence in their communities by bringing the treatments, therapies, and support they need directly to them.
Our ACT team services are provided inside and outside of our office setting, are on-going, and can be long-term. The goals of the program are to:
- Prevent or reduce symptoms that may result in the need for in-patient psychiatric or substance use services, crisis,or emergency services, or legal interventions.
- Increase skills that enhance the individual’s ability to remain stable and in their community.
- Promote mental health, brain health, and substance use recovery through person-centered goals designed to promote hope, healing, and increased self-sufficiency.
Most participants referred to the program have unique challenges, including:
- Frequent inpatient hospitalizations
- High use of emergency departments or crisis services
- Co-occurring substance use and brain illnesses and mental health disorders
- Difficulty in following up on medication appointments or medication adherence
- Homelessness or risk of homelessness because of instability
Hours of Operation, Service Locations and Contact Information:
Our ACT services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and are provided throughout the community at locations that best fit the preferences and needs of our participants.
Call ACT service today if you need our assistance at (828) 695-2201.
You can also contact Kandi Dubuque at firstname.lastname@example.org any questions.