Join an Award-Winning Team
Thank you for your interest in careers at Catawba Valley Healthcare, where we are as committed to our employees as we are to those we serve.
If you have a passion for healthcare and a genuine desire to help people through life’s more difficult moments, we invite you to learn more about employment opportunities at Catawba Valley Healthcare and consider joining our team.
The Center for Integrative Health, recognized Catawba Valley Healthcare in 2018 with the Award for Community Inclusion and in 2021 for Whole Person Care.
The Center for Integrative Health represents the growth of the NC Council of Community Programs’ 34 year legacy of collaboration and advocacy in addressing behavioral, I-DD, and primary healthcare. The Center provides an opportunity to bring together a broad spectrum of leaders who share the goal of ensuring effective whole-person care within the publicly funded system. https://i2icenter.org/about/
The Duke Endowment, which grants funding to selected organizations with a passion to help people live a healthy lifestyle across North Carolina, has acknowledged Catawba Valley Healthcare’s commitment to provide primary care for the uninsured with an annual grant since 2016.
Why work for Catawba Valley Healthcare?
Catawba Valley Healthcare is a comprehensive non-profit healthcare provider whose motto is “Where Health and Hope Meet.” We strive to treat each person the way we would want our own loved ones to be treated – with compassion, competence, and commitment to excellence.
CVH’s mission is to support healthier communities by providing a wide range of whole-person healthcare that integrates physical and mental health.
We promote the strengths of those we serve by encouraging independence and advocacy. At the same time, we support those who are, or may become, vulnerable due to the lack of access to healthcare or who are marginalized because of social, economic, or medical conditions.
We recently changed our name from Catawba Valley Behavioral Healthcare to Catawba Valley Healthcare (CVH) to emphasize whole-person treatment that integrates primary care and behavioral healthcare, recognizing that our minds and bodies work together and must be treated together to achieve the best health outcomes.
CVH has received awards presented by State leadership organizations for our Peer Support program, our Integrated Care program, and our comprehensive community partnerships. CVH’s leadership and excellence is also reflected by grant funders that have placed their confidence in us over the years, such as the Cannon Foundation, the Carpenter Foundation, The Duke Endowment, the Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust, the Sisters of Mercy Foundation, the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, the U.S. Federal Government, the Unifour Foundation, and others.
Our organization has a strong history of employee satisfaction.
The Application Process
Once a position is posted at Catawba Valley Healthcare, applications are accepted via e-mail or directly from the job website, Indeed. Resumes are requested.
- Applications and resumes should be sent to Wanda Edmunds at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications are screened and forwarded to the appropriate supervisor to schedule interviews.
- Interviews are conducted by a panel. If the panel makes a collective decision to make you an offer, a supervisor will contact you. All offers are contingent upon the passage of a successful background check, including criminal and driving records, drug screen, and fingerprints.
- All new Catawba Valley Healthcare employees complete an orientation to the organization during the second week of the month.
What Benefits does Catawba Valley Healthcare offer its full-time employees?
Benefits at Catawba Valley Healthcare include health care, dental care, vacation, sick time, and a retirement plan.
Current Career Opportunities
ACTT Team Psychiatrist
Catawba Valley Healthcare, a non-profit Integrated Care practice based in the foothills of North Carolina is seeking a part-time psychiatrist for our Assertive Community Treatment Team.
*If seeking full time employment, the other half of the position would provide Psychiatric medication management in our Integrated Care clinic. *
ACTT Team Psychiatrist Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Typically sees the beneficiaries for the assessment and treatment of the beneficiary’s symptoms and response to medication including side effects.
- Provides clinical supervision and oversight of the psychiatric services delivered by the NP or PA.
- Actively collaborates with nurses to develop and implement medication administration policies and procedures as well as oversee the medical care of beneficiaries that include regular screenings for medical conditions and assessment of wellness and health management.
- Educates non-medical team members on psychiatric & non-psychiatric medications
- Regularly participates in daily team meetings and treatment planning meetings; attends daily team meetings in proportion to time allocated on team.
- Provides back up to the team as necessary while on call.
IDD Group Residential Home Paraprofessional – Overnight – Full-Time
Catawba Valley Healthcare (CVH) is a non-profit organization that includes adult residential group home services as one of its programs. The group homes are located in Catawba County, NC. CVH has immediate openings for 2 Fulltime para professionals.
The residents of the group homes are adults with behavioral health challenges. No skilled nursing care required.
Seeking staff for overnight shifts and week. Staff are not awake staff. 7 nights on and 7 nights off.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalency. Will drive a van as needed. Applicants must have good driving record.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 per hour
ACT Team Lead
The ACT Team Leader must have experience in the mental health field and is preferred to have an LPC or LCSW.
Minimum requirements are a LCSW-A or LPC-A while pursuing full licensure. No CNA’s are eligible.
The ACT Team Leader duties are as follows:
- Provide effective oversight, direction, and clinical and administrative supervision to assigned staff.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and performance appraisals where appropriate. Ensure programs are fully staffed with qualified, trained employees.
- Ensure effective 24-hour, 7 day a week, 365 day a year coverage for individuals served as required by program.
- Build and manage an effective and clinically sound team.
- Serve as a practicing clinician on the Assertive Community Treatment Team and coordinate the activities and services.
- Lead meetings and disseminate information to other ACTT staff from various sources.
- Monitors and assesses the quality of services of assigned programs including but not limited to conducting audits of charts, overseeing the peer review process, direct observation of staff, etc..
- Responsible for marketing the agency and program by developing appropriate referral sources, and by maintaining positive working relationships within the communities served, including individuals, families, staff, monitoring and licensing agencies, organizations, and funders.
- Attend and actively participate in community and agency meetings as assigned. Implement and monitor budgets as requested/directed by supervisor.
- Monitor medical records management and activities of the Assertive Community Treatment Team to ensure compliance with agency policies, Medicaid, and other requirements
- Attend and actively participate in meetings and training as required. Maintain certification in all agency, state and federal training requirements. Demonstrate knowledge of and comply with all agency policies and procedures, as well as state and federal statutes and regulations related to specific program areas.
- Learn more about ACTT here: https://www.cvhnc.org/brain-mental-health-services/act-team-services/
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Therapist will work in the beautiful foothills of western North Carolina, with easy access to the mountains and a four hour drive to the Atlantic coast beaches. Must be fully licensed as a LCSW and not a LCSW-A .will provide treatment in outpatient therapy full time or part time, working in a forward-thinking comprehensive community behavioral health agency that values employees and the people we serve. In the Outpatient Therapy Department, the LCSW will implement comprehensive clinical assessments, provide individual and group therapy, as well as related case support. Prior experience providing treatment to individuals with serious mental illness, and/or co-occurring disorders is required. The LCSW must also have excellent diagnostic and therapy skills, and be an advocate for individuals with behavioral health conditions. Previous experience working in a non-profit organization is a plus. Some non-traditional hours may be required depending on the position offered. Candidates must be licensed to practice as an LCSW in North Carolina.
General Knowledge and Skills Required:
Knowledge of evidence-based practices in relation to treatment of individuals with mental illness or dual diagnoses. Ability to successfully interact with a diverse population displaying both linguistic and cultural competence. Ability to provide individual and group therapy using evidence-based practices with a diverse population. Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively. Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing, including excellent computer skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $46,000.00 per year
Office Support Specialist II- Finance
This position is responsible for providing support to the Finance department, including assisting with the daily deposit coding/keying. Process weekly Accounts Payable invoices, sales & use tax payments and refunds, maintain vehicle list and registration renewals, etc. Responsible for auditing and billing claims for the Hospital Discharge program services provided and researching claim denials for hospital discharges with back up provided by the Finance Director. Also, will be responsible for reconciliation of bank accounts and statements. This position will also assist and provide backup service for Payee Specialist and Credentialing.
Prefer candidate with experience in behavioral health.. High School diploma with a least one year of experience in accounts payable/receivables with an understanding of accounting principles and accounting software.
Must have good interpersonal skills as this position involves interaction with various internal staff and external payers..
Software systems include Greenway Health, Alpha MCS, NC Tracks, Palmetto GBA, various insurance portals, Microsoft Word and Excel. Must have working knowledge of Word Processing software and Spreadsheet software.
Ideal candidate works well in a team environment. Respects and preserve the privacy, confidentiality, and security of all confidential information. Other duties as assigned or appointed including, but not limited to business/rack card creation, forms, etc.
Excellent benefits include vacation leave, paid holidays, health insurance, and 401K.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
MORES Family Partner
Catawba Valley Healthcare is hiring a MORES Family Partner to be part of the Mobile Crisis team in Catawba/Burke County. A family partner is or has been the caregiver/ parent of someone who has received mental health, juvenile justice, etc. services. A Family Partner may advocate, train, provide support for families who are served by the team. Any prospective hire will have to complete the Family Partner certification at a later date.
Please share your lived experience that makes you a match for this job.
Education – Preferred Bachelor degree
Experience preferred as a case manager.
Job Type: Full-time