Mobile Crisis Management
Catawba Valley Healthcare has been providing Mobile Crisis Services throughout Catawba and Burke counties since 2006. Our Mobile Crisis clinicians respond to mental health/brain illness and substance use crises. Our interventions reduce the acute symptoms of a crisis to prevent the admission of an individual to a hospital or other restrictive environment.
Our crisis support and mobile response services are available 24/7 at (828) 695-2511.
Our crisis clinicians can respond to work, home, school, and community crises 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Mobile crisis management consists of assessment, intervention, and crisis prevention with a commitment to keeping individuals in the least restrictive environments needed to ensure the safety of the individual and their surrounding community.
Anyone in Catawba or Burke county can call our service if they are experiencing or observing a disturbing or unsafe situation in which:
- An individual is identified as being in crisis and in need of an immediate mental health, brain illness, or substance use evaluation
- An individual does not have adequate support or the skills to manage the crisis
- An individual is unwilling to participate in an evaluation and there are safety concerns that may warrant a petition for involuntary commitment to a hospital
Crisis symptoms may include:
- Hearing voices
- Seeing things others do not
- Irrational behavior
- Expressing intent to harm self or others
- IV drug use
- Withdrawal from substance use
- Substance use while pregnant
If you experience or observe the conditions listed above, please call (828) 695-2511 to request services.
Our Mobile crisis clinician will need the following information:
- Name of person calling in the request
- Phone number of the caller
- Current location of the person needing service
- Brief reason for the referral (substance use, concern for suicide, recent overdose, etc.)
- Name and date of birth of the person needing services or the individual’s approximate age if the person is not known to the caller
MORES (Mobile Outreach, Response, Engagement, and Stabilization)
Mobile Outreach, Response, Engagement, and Stabilization (MORES) is an intervention service within our Mobile Crisis Management Program for children and adolescents ages 5 to 21 years experiencing escalating emotional or behavioral needs. MORES teams respond to family crises involving the following:
- An individual’s sense of emotional balance is disrupted and their coping and problem-solving skills are not working
- The disrupted individual’s environments are impacted, including family, school, community environments
- The crisis feels intense and unmanageable for the person or family
MORES interventions include:
- Crisis intervention and de-escalation
- Behavioral assistance
- Skill building
- Medication Management
- Caregiver and youth engagement, support, and stabilization services
The goal of MORES is to prevent the placement of individuals into more restrictive settings, the avoidance of unnecessary court involvement, and the improvement of an individual’s ability to function.
For more information about our Mobile Crisis Management or MORES services, call us today at Catawba Valley Healthcare at: (828) 695-5900.
If you need to access our Mobile Crisis Management or MORES team immediately, call our crisis line at (828) 695-2511.