Starting Dec. 1st, North Carolina will be providing health insurance coverage to more people through Medicaid.
As a North Carolinian, you may be eligible for Medicaid in December even if you did not qualify before.
You are eligible if you are 19-64 years old and your income is up to 138% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Visit epass.nc.gov to apply, keep your contact information current, and your check health care coverage status. You can also contact your local DSS office (ncdhhs.gov/localDSS) if you are unable to apply online.
If you were eligible before, you still are. Nothing changes for you. But if you are newly eligible, read on.
Catawba Valley Health Care accepts NC Medicaid and we look forward to being your healthcare provider.
- Health services that NC Medicaid covers include:
- Regular check-ups
- Hospital visits
- Behavioral health
- Vision and hearing
- Devices and therapies
- Health visits when you are sick
- Care during and after pregnancy
- Benefits to help pay for prescriptions
Contact Catawba Valley Healthcare when you are ready for your first visit with Medicaid.
It can take up to 45 days to process a Medicaid application. You can speed the process up by applying online at epass.nc.gov. You may be contacted by mail, phone, or email if more information is needed. Apply today!
Here is a list of resources that will be helpful as you prepare to apply:
- Day 1 Flyer: An overview of who is eligible and how to enroll.
- Family Planning Flyer: Information for the approximately 300,000 people who receive limited benefits through Family Planning Medicaid who will be automatically enrolled in full Medicaid.
- Medicaid Essentials Deck: A presentation to share with your community on who is eligible and how to enroll.
- FAQ: Answers to common questions.
- ePass Video: An overview of how to apply online through ePass.